Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vacation

The church gives me four weeks vacation and 2 extra weekends every year.  If I don't use those days by May 1, I lose those days.  It seems as though I lose at least a weeks vacation every year.  This year I decided I wasn't going to lose vacation, well at the start of April I had 7 days and 2 Sundays left.  Last week I went on vacation and tried to stay home, since I live right next door to the church that was not a good idea.  Let me recap my week:
I spent Tuesday, my first day of vacation, in the hospital with a student.   I went to both Sr. High and Jr. High youth nights.  I mowed for about 6 hours, I cut down brush for about 4 hours.  I shot video for youth ministry.  I filled out paperwork for citizenship and passport.  I had a lunch appointment with Corey Dorin.  I went to youth church.  I spent some time with Don and Beth, we hadn't seen them in awhile.  I hosted a spontaneous bon fire with 26 students.  Needless to say I ended up using 2 days vacation and I will lose 5 days and 2 Sundays this year, next year I am going to Alaska to fish king crab, you can watch me on Deadliest Catch.
Here is a new Big Idea Video, you can also check them out at youtube.com/gravitystudents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home